The first day of Fall means it is officially soup season!It's hard to believe that it is officially Fall when temperatures are still in the 100s here in Arizona.Doesn’t mean that we can’t still enjoy this amazing soup recipe. Try it and let us know what you think.
Slavo’s Bacon Butternut Squash Soup
1 Butternut Squash – peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1” chunks
1 Yellow Onion – chopped
2 Cloves Garlic – chopped
4 Bacon Strips – chopped
1 Cup Carrots – chopped
4 – 6 Cups Chicken Stock
¾ Cup Almond Milk (regular milk for folks that aren’t on a dairy-free diet–lucky you)
- In a large heavy-bottom pot, cook bacon until it just begins to brown, add onions and carrots. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, cook additional 3 minutes then add in cubed butternut squash and chicken stock (amount of stock used depends on size of squash, the liquid should almost completely cover the squash).
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cooking until squash is mushy.
- Stir in Almond Milk
- Place mixture in batches into food processor or blender (careful not to overfill) and puree until smooth.
- Mix batches together add Slavo Salt and lemon juice to taste