With the quarantine in effect we are 100% cooking at home. We've been playing around with the Vitamix and decided to try their potato cheddar soup. We made some adjustments and added Slavo Salt (of course) and were really surprised at how great it turned out. Pro tip - soup is ALWAYS better on day 2 so make a couple batches to have throughout the week. Stay safe and healthy, friends.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 russet potato
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ onion
- Slavo Salt
- 2 ounces bacon, 1 slice; cooked, crumbled
- Cholula or your favorite hot sauce
- Place milk, potato, cheese, onion into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3.
- Remove the lid plug. Drop in bacon, Slavo Salt and Cholula. Blend for an additional 10 seconds, until mixed.