Slavo’s Tequila Lime Chicken
On July 24th, celebrate National Tequila Day with this tequila marinade that is also great on pork or ribs. Serve this up with a summer salad and a margarita. Cheers!
4 Chicken Breasts - skinless
1cup Olive Oil
4 Limes - juiced
1/4 Yellow Onion - chopped fine
2 Jalapeños - stemmed, seeded and minced
2 Tbl Cilantro - chopped fine
Spicy Slavo Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, tequila, onion, garlic, jalapeños and cilantro. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade to use as baste while grilling.
2. Place chicken breasts into a large ziplock bag or a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade coating the breasts completely.
3. Refrigerate overnight, turning every couple of hours.
4. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and season well with Slavo Salt.
5. Place breasts on a pre-heated grill over medium heat.
6. Baste breasts with reserved marinade, (DO NOT use marinade that chicken was in!!!!)
7. Grill breast approx. 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through completely.