We’re making this light and yummy grilled salmon dish for our summer solstice dinner tonight – what’s on your menu?
- 1 Head Cauliflower - leaves removed but stem ok, cut into equal size pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion - chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic - chopped
- 1qt Milk
- Truffle Oil
- Slavo Salt
For Squash -
- 2 Zuccinni - medium diced
- 2 Yellow Squash - medium diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - small diced
- 1 Yellow Onion - small diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- Slavo Salt
- 2 - 6oz Salmon Filets
- 1-2 Lemons - 1/4" slices
For Cauliflower -
1. In a large pot, melt 1/4c butter, sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add in chopped cauliflower and continue cooking for 3 minutes. DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO BROWN.
3. Add milk, just enough to cover cauliflower.
4. Simmer until cauliflower can be smashed with the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and strain, reserve about half of the cooking liquid for later.
6. Place cauliflower and pinions into blender and puree on high. Slowly add cooking liquid to loosed the mixture but be careful not to add too much. You want the consistency to be like a loose mashed potato NOT SOUP.
7. Once mixture is at the right consistency adjust seasoning with Slavo Salt. Add truffle oil, amount depends on your preference (this can be left out if you don't like truffles).
For Squash -
1. In a pan over high heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add in squash and zucchini continue cooking until squash begins to soften. Add in bell peppers and continue cooking final 2 minutes.
3. Add in minced parsley and thyme at the very end.
4. Adjust seasoning with Slavo Salt and a tab of butter.
For Salmon - You can pan sear or grill salmon
1. Lightly rub filets with olive oil and season well with Slavo Salt.
2. Place on grill for 2 minutes, then pick up and turn 45 degrees to get nice grill marks. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
3. Gently flip filets over and finish cooking, approx 2 minutes. Do not over cook salmon as this will make it taste more fishy!
4. While grilling salmon also place lemon slices on grill to get grill marks only, you're not actually trying to cook them.
1. Spoon cauliflower puree on center of plate.
2. With a slotted spoon, add squash melody on top of puree and lightly around outside of puree ring.
3. Place salmon on top of everything. Place 1-2 slices of grilled lemon on top or leaning on salmon.
4. Lightly sprinkle minced parsley over everything. Drizzle a tiny bit of truffle oil around plate.