Is it stuffing or dressing? Whatever you call it, this recipe is a crowd pleaser. This will be making an appearance on our Thanksgiving table this year. Cheers!
10 Tbl Unsalted Butter
1 1/4c Fresh Hatch/Anaheim Chilies – seeded and small diced
1 1/4c Fresh Poblano Chilies – seeded and small diced
2Lg Jalapeños – seeded and chopped
2lb Frozen Yellow or White Corn Kernels – thawed
1 1/4c Green Onions – chopped
2/3c Frsh Cilantro – chopped fine
Buttermilk Corn Bread – (1 day old is best!)
1 1/2 Tbl Slavo Salt
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add all chilies, sauté until beginning to soften about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in 1 lb of corn and green onions, cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Transfer into large mixing bowl and mix in cilantro.
4. Coarsely crumble corn bread into vegetable mixture; toss to blend.
5. Blend second pound of corn, eggs, sugar, and Slavo Salt in processor to coarse puree. Stir mixture into stuffing.
To bake place all of stuffing in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter baking dish.
2. Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
3. Bake until heated through, about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 20 minutes longer.
You can also use this to stuff your bird just like you would normally, just add 1-1 1/2c of chicken stock to help make it MOIST!