This is a great recipe to take the 'chill' out of these cool Fall nights. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
1 Yellow Onion – small dice
½ Purple Onion – small dice
2 Jalapeno- minced
2 Carrots- small dice
2 Garlic Cloves – minced
1# Ground Pork
1# Ground Beef
64oz Beef Stock
1/4c Spicy Slavo Salt
2 Tbl Cumin
Original Slavo Salt
- In a heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven, add oil and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add carrots, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until carrot are softened.
- Removed everything from the pot and put pot back over high heat. Add additional oil, when hot add in pork and beef, cook until browned
- Add veggies back to pot with meat. Stir in Spicy Slavo Salt, Cumin and mix well.
- Add in beef stock and bring to a boil. Once liquid boils, reduce heat to a low simmer cover with lid and let it ride for 2 hours occasionally skimming fat off top.
- Cook down to desired consistency. Now adjust seasoning using Original Slavo Salt and Spicy. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon or lime into chili. Enjoy