Did you know breakfast nachos are a thing?? While they haven't replaced good old biscuits and gravy as our favorite breakfast they are a close second. Have you tried nachos for breakfast??
1 pound bulk chorizo sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
1 medium package tortilla chips
1 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 avocado, small diced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped fine
1 tablespoon Slavo Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until crumbled and evenly browned, about 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. Cook the onion in the same skillet until soft; stir in the eggs and scramble with the onion.
4. Mix in the tomatoes, Slavo Salt, and cilantro and continue to cook and stir until eggs are nearly set; remove from heat.
5. Spread a layer of tortilla chips into a 9x13 baking dish. Scatter the chorizo and the scrambled egg mixture over the chips.
6. Top with jalapeno slices and cover with the cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
8. Spread avocados over the top and serve.