Salisbury Steak with Shroom Gravy
This is the best Salisbury recipe I've found hands down. You can use any kind of red meat (bison, beef) but I'm currently LOVING this with elk meat.
½ yellow onion
1/2c panko breadcrumbs
1# Ground Elk (Substitute bison, moose, beef, etc.)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp mustard powder
½ Tbl Thyme leaves minced
2 Tbl All-Purpose Slavo Salt
3 Tbl avocado or grapeseed oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ onion, sliced thin
1# Crimini mushrooms, sliced
4 Tbl butter
¼ c flour
4c beef broth
2 Tbl dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
All Purpose Slavo Salt
Salisbury Steak Patties
1. In a large bowl, place breadcrumbs. Using a cheese grater, grate the onion over the crumbs mixing the juice, onion and crumbs together well.
2. Add in the remain steak ingredients in the bowl. Mix the hell out of it with your hands.
3. Shape the meat into 4 patties shaped like a steak.
4. Season the outside of the patties with All-Purpose Slavo Salt
1. Add oil to a ripping hot skillet and add in the steaks. Cook for 1.5 min on each side, remove and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add in bit more oil if needed along with sliced onions. Cook onions until they become translucent. Add in garlic and cook an additional minute, then add mushrooms.
3. Stirring constantly, cook until shrooms are cooked down about 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter. Once butter is melted, add flour and cook for 1 minute mixing well.
5. Stirring constantly, slowly add in beef broth.
6. Stir in the remaining gravy ingredients and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add steaks back into skillet submerged in cravy. Cook for additional 5-10 minutes. The gravy will begin to thicken up, if it gets too thick add additional broth or water.
8. Season to taste with All-Purpose Slavo Salt.
9. Serve over mashed potatoes