Grills aren’t just for meat! We can’t resist this cheesy, spicy, bacony combination. You may want to double the recipe for your parties – these tasty treats go fast. Grill ‘em. Pop ‘em. Boom!
6 Fresh Jalapeños - Cut in half lengthwise and seeded
8oz Chevre Goat Cheese or Cream Cheese
1 1/2 tsp Slavo Salt
12 Bacon Strips
1. In a bowl combine cheese and Slavo Salt, mix well.
2. Fill cavities of jalapeños with the cheese mixture - don't be afraid to really fill them up as some cheese most likely will leak during cooking.
3. Wrap each jalapeño half snuggly with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place poppers on a preheated grill over high heat. You may need to reduce the heat if the drippings are causing too many flare-ups. Occasionally rotate the poppers to make sure the bacon is evenly cooked all around. Cook until bacon gets crispy.
5. Remove from grill and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. To garnish sprinkle some fine chopped cilantro over the Poppers