Here is the winning recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. Take your party to the next level with this yummy queso dip that is so easy it basically makes itself!
1 lb chorizo
1 large yellow onion
1 lb Cremini mushrooms
½ stick butter
½ gallon milk
2 lbs Spicy Velveeta Cheese
1 – 2 cups Rotel tomatoes
1 lb shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ lb Cotija cheese
1-2 cans of Roasted Green Chiles
Spicy Slavo Seasoning
- Cook 1 pound of chorizo on medium heat in a fry pan until it’s dark and crispy. Set the cooked chorizo to the side.
- Take one large yellow onion and a pound of Cremini mushrooms (aka Baby Bellas) and slice/chop them up separately.
- In a fry pan take half a stick of butter and sauté the onions. Once they are translucent add in the shrooms. Cook everything for about 5-10 minutes over medium-high heat, and then set aside.
- In a HEAVY BOTTOM soup pot (translation – a quality pot w/ a thick heavy base – protects food from scorching on the bottom), heat ¼ gallon of milk over medium heat. As the milk begins to get hot start adding in 2 pounds of Velveeta cheese (I like the Spicy Velveeta but it’s up to you). Slowly stir in chunks of the cheese until it’s all melted and incorporated.
- Take 1-2 cups of Rotel tomatoes and stir that into the cheese.
- Take another pound of GOOD shredded cheddar cheese and about ½ pound of crumbled Cotija cheese – slowly stir this in too. Don’t just dump it all in at once because you’ll get a big ball of unmelted cheese.
- Take 1-2 cans of Roasted Green Chiles and stir them in as well
- Next add your cooked shrooms and chorizo, you don’t have to use all of them – use your best judgment.
- Add Slavo Salt to taste and serve with corn chips or, if you want a real treat, heat up some good flour tortillas to dip with! (I think a crock-pot is the best way to keep your Queso hot and tasty throughout the day – if it lasts that long!)