We are shaking things up this fourth of July. and taking a break from the burgers with this grilled shrimp recipe instead.
Oh wait, who are we kidding, we're having both....Enjoy!
For the Sauce -
1 Yellow Onion - small diced
2 Garlic Cloves - minced
3 Tbl Butter
2 c Silver Tequila - you can use any tequila I like silver since it helps keep the sauce whiter
1pt Heavy Cream
3 oz Lime juice
1bunch Cilantro - rough chopped
For the Shrimp -
15 Shrimp – (10/15 size) cleaned
4 Serrano Chiles - cut into 1/4's with seeds removed
15 Slices Bacon - I like thin sliced for this recipe cut into 5" pieces
For the Sauce -
1. In a pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent.
2. Add tequila and cook until reduced by 80%. Make sure all alcohol is cooked off before adding cream. Hold a flame near the mixture, if it ignites there is still alcohol. Be very careful.
3. Add heavy cream, cilantro and reduce heat to medium. Reduce in volume by 25% stirring often so you don't scotch the pot.
4. Strain through a colander and adjust seasoning with Slavo Salt.
For the Shrimp:
1. Lay quartered chile down the outside curve of the shrimp.
2. Wrap the shrimp with bacon snugly and secure with a toothpick (soak toothpicks in water for 1 hour before making these).
3. Place on preheated grill and cook approx. 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat. Don't allow flare-ups to burn bacon.
4. Place in preheated 375 degree oven to finish cooking if too many flare-ups on the grill (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Serve with Cream Sauce and minced cilantro as garnish.