½ lb white meat ground turkey
3 teaspoons Slavo Salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 can diced tomatoes – drained
1 cup green olives – chopped
1 lb raw frozen pizza dough – thawed (Trader Joe’s has great pizza dough)
1 small yellow onion – small diced
2 jalapeños – minced
1/2 cup mushrooms – chopped
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. in a large skillet over high heat, sauté onion, shrooms, and jalapeños for 3 minutes.
3. Add in the ground turkey meat breaking up with a spoon until browned – 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, olives, Slavo Salt, cumin, chili powder and continue cooking over low heat covered until turkey is cooked through 4-5 minutes.
5. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Cut dough into 6 equal portions. Pull or roll dough into 6 flat disks, each 8 inches in diameter.
6. Top each round with 1/2 cup of turkey filling.
7. Fold dough in half and seal by pressing with a fork or your fingers.
8. Transfer to greased cookie sheet and coat empanadas with cooking spray.
9. Place into oven and bake until dough is firm and golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
Can be stored uncooked in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!