Don’t fight the crowds to go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. Let us help you create a delicious dish for your honey that is simple, packed with flavor and made with love.
For the Pork Chops-
2 Thick-Cut Pork Chops
1c Almond Flour
3 Tbl Slavo Salt
3 Tbl Grapeseed oil
For the Potatoes-
4 Medium sized Yukon Potatoes
3 Tbl Butter
1 Tbl Slavo Salt
1/4c Milk – we used almond milk
For the Veggies-
1 bunch Asparagus
1 Tbl Olive Oil
Manchego or Parmesan Cheese
For the Chops-
1. Soak chops in buttermilk for a couple of hours in the fridge.
2. In a bowl, combine almond flour and Slavo Salt, mix well.
3. Remove chops from the buttermilk, allowing excess liquid to runoff.
4. Place chops into bowl of seasoned almond flour and coat well. Shake off excess and set aside.
5. In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat add grape seed oil. Once oil is hot, place the chops in and allow to cook 2 minutes. Flip and repeat cooking for 2 more minutes.
6. Place skillet into oven and finish cooking about 4 minutes.
7. Remove from skillet and allow to rest while getting plates together.
For the Potatoes-
1. Place potatoes in microwave for 6 minutes. You can boil them as usual but this is faster with less cleanup.
2. In a large bowl, add butter, milk and salt.
3. Using a kitchen fowl, place one potato in your hand and use the towel to rub the skin off potatoes and discard.
4. Place the peeled potatoes into bowl with other ingredients. Using a hand mixer, whip potatoes until smooth. You may need to add more milk if they are too stiff. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Do not over whip potatoes, as this will make them gluey.
For the Asparagus-
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Arrange asparagus spears in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle oil over asparagus and turn to coat.
3. Season with Slavo Salt.
4. Roast, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and just tender, 18-20 minutes.
5. Use a vegetable peeler to shave Parmesan over the spears.