Ok got past the crappy day yesterday but I came very close to breaking down out of sheer frustration (Editors Note: We did not post the Day 16 blog entited “F*@K THIS S#*T” for obvious reasons). Thankfully that has passed for the most part. Now it is an endurance race much like mile 21 of a marathon, the end is in sight. Still looking for this boundless energy but the fatigue has all but gone and now just feels like the body is running as it should normally. Fruit and nuts are getting us through the days but you have to be careful not to get the sugar hangover from too much fruit. Dinner is still the highlight of the day – this is something that I’m afraid will never change in my world – especially when we come up with magical creations like the truffle cauliflower mashers below. Enjoy!
1 Cauliflower Head – broken into bite sized pieces
1/2 Yellow Onion – chopped
2 Garlic Cloves – chopped
1-2 Tbl Truffle Oil
1/2-1c Almond Milk (whole 30) or regular milk (for the rest of you lucky folks)
1. Steam cauliflower until completely cooked through – no crunch at all.
2. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Be sure not to brown as this will dull the color of the mashers.
3. In a blender combine steamed cauliflower and onions.
4. Add a little milk just to get everything moving in the blender careful not to add too much as this will make it soupy. Don’t worry about ratio of ingredients in blender batches as everything will be combined later.
5. Mix all of the blended batches together in a bowl or pot and taste. Add Slavo Salt and truffle oil to your taste.