It is getting to be grill season and we have a great recipe for your next outdoor party that requires little effort and you won’t have to spend a ton of money. Tri-Tip is an excellent cut of meat commonly found on the West Coast. This meat will require a marinade to help break down some of the tough tissue, but it turns out amazing on the grill and can feed a small army.
1 Tri-Tip roast – usually 3-4 pounds
1/4 cup Sambal Oelek Chili Paste – found in Asian section of grocery store
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Garlic Cloves – minced
4 tablespoons Slavo Salt
1. Place all ingredients into a large zip-lock bag and massage everything together.
2. Place bag into the fridge at least 4 hours prior to cooking and up to 24 hours prior.
3. Occasionally pull the bag out and massage the roast – this will help to create a more tender finished product.
4. Remove roast from bags and wipe off excess marinade. Lightly season the tri-tip with Slavo Salt and place on hot grill. Sear 3 minutes each side
5. Turn the heat down to med temp and cook for 30 minutes total, turning tri-tip over every 10 minutes
6. Remove tri-tip from the grill and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice out the roast across the grain of the meat to serve medium rare.