Seahawks or Broncos? Either way, here is the winning recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. Take your party to the next level with this yummy queso dip that is so easy it basically makes itself!
1 lb chorizo
1 large yellow onion
1 lb Cremini mushrooms
½ stick butter
½ gallon milk
2 lbs Spicy Velveeta Cheese
1 – 2 cups Rotel tomatoes
1 lb shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ lb Cotija cheese
1-2 cans of Roasted Green Chiles
Spicy Slavo Seasoning
- Cook 1 pound of chorizo on medium heat in a fry pan until it’s dark and crispy. Set the cooked chorizo to the side.
- Take one large yellow onion and a pound of Cremini mushrooms (aka Baby Bellas) and slice/chop them up separately.
- In a fry pan take half a stick of butter and sauté the onions. Once they are translucent add in the shrooms. Cook everything for about 5-10 minutes over medium-high heat, and then set aside.
- In a HEAVY BOTTOM soup pot (translation – a quality pot w/ a thick heavy base – protects food from scorching on the bottom), heat ¼ gallon of milk over medium heat. As the milk begins to get hot start adding in 2 pounds of Velveeta cheese (I like the Spicy Velveeta but it’s up to you). Slowly stir in chunks of the cheese until it’s all melted and incorporated.
- Take 1-2 cups of Rotel tomatoes and stir that into the cheese.
- Take another pound of GOOD shredded cheddar cheese and about ½ pound of crumbled Cotija cheese – slowly stir this in too. Don’t just dump it all in at once because you’ll get a big ball of unmelted cheese.
- Take 1-2 cans of Roasted Green Chiles and stir them in as well
- Next add your cooked shrooms and chorizo, you don’t have to use all of them – use your best judgment.
- Add Slavo Salt to taste and serve with corn chips or, if you want a real treat, heat up some good flour tortillas to dip with! (I think a crock-pot is the best way to keep your Queso hot and tasty throughout the day – if it lasts that long!)