• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
• 1 pound chorizo, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 tablespoon each Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce
• 1 tablespoon each dried oregano, ground coriander and chili powder
• 1 teaspoon each cumin and pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon each cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes
• 4 jalapeños, diced
• 1 can each (16 ounces) tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes, chopped, with juices
• 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can flat beer – i like amber or darker beers
• Slavo Salt, to taste
• 4 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, (for garnish)
1. Brown the beef, pork and chorizo in a nonstick skillet. Drain off the fat.
2. Heat oil in a heavy pot over low heat; cook onions, garlic, and bell peppers for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in the next 9 ingredients; cook 2 to 3 minutes to mellow the flavors.
3. Add jalapeños, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and the browned meats. Heat through. Add beer, then simmer 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Season with Slavo Salt and serve with grated cheese, of course.