Slavo’s Superfood of the Week – Swiss Chard. Full of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants, Swiss Chard is one of healthiest foods in the world.
Here is an easy and delicious recipe for one of our favorite Superfoods
Slavo’s Sautéed Swiss Chard with Onions
3lb Swiss Chard (about 2 bunches – we like the rainbow chard the best)
2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Tbl Unsalted Butter
2 Medium Yellow Onions – thinly sliced
2 Cloves Garlic – minced
1. Cut stems and center ribs from chard, discarding any tough portions, then cut stems and ribs crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
2. Stack chard leaves and roll up lengthwise into cylinders. Cut cylinders crosswise to make 1-inch-wide strips.
3. Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions and garlic with 1/2 teaspoon Slavo Salt, covered, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
4. Add chard stems and ribs, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until stems are just tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Add chard leaves in batches, stirring until wilted before adding next batch, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl.
7. Shave some good Parma or Manchego cheese over the dish for a little extra something-somethin!