Need some Easter inspiration? Here is one of our favorite recipes for Easter supper. Enjoy!!
3 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs – leaves removed and minced
1 cup EVOO
3-4 lb Leg of Lamb – bone-in with fat trimmed
2 lbYukon Gold Potatoes – peeled & quartered
6 Lemons – juiced
12 Artichokes – cleaned
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl, combine half of minced rosemary, Slavo Salt and about 1/3 cup of the olive oil. Rub this mixture all over the lamb, then season generously with additional Slavo Salt as needed.
3. Place the lamb on a rack in a large roasting pan. Place the potatoes in the pan, toss with the remaining olive oil, add a cup of water, and season generously with Slavo Salt.
4. Add the remaining rosemary and half the lemon juice and mix in.
5. Roast for about 30 minutes, tossing the potatoes occasionally and basting the lamb with the pan juices.
6. Add the cleaned artichokes and a little more of the lemon juice and toss with the potatoes in the pan.
7. Continue roasting, basting every 10 to 15 minutes, until the lamb is cooked to the desired doneness, 30 to 40 minutes. Some like their lamb medium-well, which will take about 1 hour and 10 minutes from start to finish.
8. Season with additional Slavo Salt or lemon juice as desired.
9. Remove from the oven, let the meat stand for 20 minutes to settle the juices, then carve.