1/2 Tri-Tip Roast - about a pound or 2
1 Yellow onion - sliced
2c Baby Carrots
1/3c Olive Oil
1/2c Coconut Aminos
1 Tbl Crushed Red Peppers
1 Tbl Paprika
2 Tbl Cider Vinegar
Slavo Salt Original
1. Place tri-tip into a large ziplock bag, add in oil, soy sauce, red pepper, paprika, vinegar and about 3 Tbl Slavo Salt. Marinade over night or at least 2 hours.
2. In a crock-pot, layer half of the onions and carrots on the bottom. Then place the marinated roast on top, then the remaining carrots and onions. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over the top of everything.
3. Depending on how much time you have use low or high heat. Low for 7-9 hours & high for 5-6 hours.
4. When it's time to eat, remove the roast and break it up by cutting across the grain of the meat.
5. Using a ladle, skim the oil off the top of the cooking liquid and discard. We just spooned the juice over our meat without thickening it, but if you wanted to make gravy I'd use arrowroot (Whole30 approved), corn starch or flour.
Serve it up with some mashed sweet potatoes, green beans and don't forget the carrots and onions!!!