Love corn on the cob? If so, today is your lucky day. Yes, it’s national Corn on the Cob Day and we have a delicious recipe based on the traditional Mexican dish Elotes. For those who prefer ‘off the cob’, just mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve.
ears Fresh Sweet Corn
2Tbl Olive Oil
3Tbl Mayonaise or Crema Mexicana
1/4c Cotija Cheese - crumbled
2Tbl Chili Powder
Clean corn by removing husk and all fine "hairs".
2. Pour olive oil into your hand and rub all over the cobs coating well but not excessively. You don't want oil dripping off the cobs as this will cause flare ups on the grill.
3. Season each ear with Slavo Salt. We use a pretty heavy hand – just season to taste.
4. Place cobs on a preheated grill on high heat. Allow them to begin to blacken on some kernels, rotating occasionally. Should only take about 6-8 minutes total.
5. Remove cobs from grill and allow to cool for a minute or so.
6. Using a pastry brush or your hands, slather the mayo/crema onto each cob. You should be able to see the corn through the mixture - it shouldn't look like an ice-cream cone!
7. Roll each ear in the crumbled Cotija cheese, if you haven’t noticed, we love cheese and use a good amount, but this is again to your taste.
8. Season each cob with Spicy Slavo Salt
9. Serve with wedges of lime and enjoy!