The countdown to Super Bowl Sunday is ON. Looking for an easy appetizer to bring to the big game parties? Here is a crowd pleaser that is quick and simple. We suggest making twice as many as you think your guests will eat – these little piggies go FAST!!!
1 lb Little Smokies (we love the ones with cheese and peppers in them but any will work)
1 can refrigerated Crescent Roll dough (next to the refrigerated biscuits in the grocery store)
- Remove croissants from packaging and roll out on cutting board. Cut into 1″x2″ strips (don’t worry about being precise or making them too pretty).
- Sprinkle a little Slavo Salt over the dough – not too much though as you don’t want to overpower.
- Place sausages in middle of dough strips and wrap around, pressing the ends together to seal.
- Place wrapped sausages onto baking sheet and place into preheated oven (follow baking instructions on dough package – sausages are precooked so no need to worry about under-cooking them).
- Once the pastry is golden brown remove from oven and begin the feeding frenzy!