Thumbs up if you are counting the days until the 4th of July! Here’s another super easy and tasty recipe for your 4th of July picnics, potlucks or backyard BBQs.
8 oz Orzo Pasta – (about 1 1/3 cups)
6 Tbl EVOO
4 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
1 Zucchini – cut into 1/4″ half moons
1 Yellow Squash – cut into 1/4″ half moons
1 Red Bell Pepper – quartered
3Tbl Pesto – (just buy some – way easier!)
2Tbl Lime Juice
1 lb Chicken Breasts – boneless/skinless
2 Heirloom Tomatoes – cut into 1/2″ cubes
1/2c Fresh Basil – cut into very thin strips
1 (8oz) Ball of Fresh Mozzarella – cut into 1/2″ cubes
1. Cook orzo in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Transfer to large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Preheat barbecue (medium-high heat).
3. Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar in small bowl. Brush zucchini and bell pepper with oil mixture, then sprinkle with Slavo Salt.
4. Whisk pesto, lime juice, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in small bowl for pesto vinaigrette.
5. Place chicken breasts in medium bowl. Add 3 tablespoons pesto vinaigrette; toss to coat.
6. Grill zucchini and bell pepper until crisp, about 3 minutes per side for zucchini and 4 minutes per side for bell pepper.
7. Sprinkle chicken with Slavo Salt; grill until charred and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to rest. Once cooled, cut into 1/4″ slices.
8. Place sliced chicken in bowl with orzo. Chop zucchini and bell pepper; add to bowl with orzo. Add remaining vinaigrette, tomatoes, sliced basil, and mozzarella; toss to combine. Season to taste with Slavo Salt.
9. Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; chill.
#4thofjuly #recipes #picnic #bbq #slavosalt