After getting some amazing eggs from Cami’s Farm last weekend we were inspired to create this hash-crusted quiche. You can make any version of quiche but the delicious crust is the game-changer.
3 cup Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
1 Tbl Butter
1 cup Yellow Onion – small diced
1 Garlic Clove – minced
1 small Zucchini – quartered and sliced thinly
1 cup Red Bell Pepper – small diced
1 cup Artichoke Hearts – drained and chopped
½ cup Milk
½ cup Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
1 Tbl Fresh Basil – chopped fine
2 Tsp Fresh Oregano – chopped fine
1. In a bowl, mix frozen hash browns and 2 tsp of Slavo Salt. Then transfer into a 10″ greased pie pan and pack in well on bottom and sides. Lightly spray top with kitchen spray or brush with melted butter.
2. Place in preheated 425 degree oven until potatoes are golden brown and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn heat down to 375.
3. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper and artichokes; sauté until crisp-tender.
4. Beat eggs, milk, cheese, basil, oregano and 1 tablespoon of Slavo Salt in large bowl until blended. Add zucchini mixture; mix well. Pour into potato crust.
5. Bake in center of 375°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
6. Cut into wedges and ENJOY!