Did you know that October is National Pork Month? Pork + Slavo Salt is one of our favorite combinations. So, to celebrate this festive occasion we’ll be posting recipes that feature this delicious protein throughout the month. Enjoy!
1 Pork Tenderloin
1 Jicama (medium sized – cut into ¼” slices)
1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into super thin strips)
1 Jalapeño (cut into super thin strips)
1/2 Sweet Onion (sliced thinly)
1/4 head of Purple Cabbage (cut into super thin strips)
2 Carrots (I use a peeler to make a bunch of thin shavings)
2 Limes (Juiced)
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Using a peeler, remove the skin from the Jicama and cut it into 1/4″ slices.
2. Place slices on a sheet pan and very lightly rub each side with olive oil using a brush or your hands and season with Slavo Salt.
3. Place slices on a hot grill for about 2-3 minutes per side (careful they can char easily but that shouldn’t affect flavor too much).
4. Remove from grill and set aside to cool. Cut slices into 1/4″ strips and place in a mixing bowl with carrots, onion, peppers, oil and lime juice. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Season tenderloin excessively with Slavo Salt.
6. Place on preheated grill to sear completely around.
7. Once tenderloin is cooked through (after about 12 minutes of rotating) remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
8. Slice out pork loin and lay over a pile of the jicama slaw.