Day 6 of the Whole 30 Challenge: The new normal. Woke up after a good night’s sleep finally feeling human. I’ve adjusted to the understanding that this is just a mental game for the remaining days. I know that I don’t need any of the old foods or habits from my previous diet. I’ve yet to have a bad or flavorless meal since starting this thing so what’s to complain about? While the sight of a cheeseburger still looks awesome, don’t get me wrong, I know that’s just not happening right now so no need to act like a child over it. Sounds easy but we’ll see. Our dinner tonight consisted of lamb chops and creamed spinach. Obviously, creamed spinach isn’t on the Whole30 plan so I just had sautéed spinach and then listened to everyone rave about the creamed spinach. Thanks for the support, guys.
2 Racks of Lamb – cleaned with exposed bones wrapped in foil
1-2 lbs Fresh spinach – washed
2-3 Garlic Cloves – Sliced super thin
1/2 Yellow Onion – small diced
1 c Crème Fraiche
¼ c Parmesan Cheese – grated
Slavo Salt – LOTS
For the Chops –
1. Pre-heat your grill on high. Season the chops generously with Slavo Salt about 15 minutes before you’re ready to cook them (trust me).
2. Place them on the grill for about 8 minutes per side. Watch out for flare ups you don’t want them to get too charred up. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
For the Spinach –
1. Get a large frypan on med-high heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Next, throw in the onions and cook for 3 minutes until the start to become translucent. Then add in the garlic and cook for and addition 3 minutes.
2. Add the spinach and stir occasionally so spinach wilts (add Slavo Salt and a dash of lemon juice and remove if you want to make it a bit healthier).
3. Once spinach has wilted add the creme fraiche and mix well. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes. Next add in the cheese, mix well and remove from heat.
4.Taste to see if it needs more seasoning, cheese or a dash of lemon juice.