Ok, so I’ve almost made it through Day 1 of the @whole30 challenge. To be honest, I ate and drank so much yesterday that I wasn’t even that hungry. I was actually more disgusted by my final day of “freedom.” I would list out everything I consumed but it would reveal far too much.
Today started off not THAT bad- still reeling from yesterday’s overindulgence. I pretty much survived most of the day on iced black coffee and water. Dinner consisted of grilled pork tenderloin (Slavo Salt crusted, of course), grilled jicama slaw with lime vinaigrette and grilled avocados.
1 Jicama (medium sized)
1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into super thin strips)
1/2 head of Purple Cabbage (cut into super thin strips)
1 Carrot (I use a peeler to just make a bunch of thin shavings)
2 Limes (Juiced)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Using a peeler, remove the skin from the Jicama and cut it into 1/2″ slices.
2. Place slices in a bowl and pour in about 3 tablespoons of Olive oil and 3 tablespoons of Slavo Salt.
3. Mix well with your hands to make sure all slices have oil and seasoning on them.
4. Next place slices on a hot grill for about 2-3 minutes per side (careful they can char easily but that doesn’t affect flavor too much).
5. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.