Grilled Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are first up on our Memorial Day party menu. We can’t resist the cheesy, spicy, bacony combination. You may want to double the recipe for your parties – these tasty treats go fast. Grill ‘em. Pop ‘em. Boom!
6 Fresh Jalapeños – Cut in half lengthwise and seeded
8oz Chevre Goat Cheese or Cream Cheese
1 1/2 tsp Slavo Salt
12 Bacon Strips
1. In a bowl combine cheese and Slavo Salt, mix well.
2. Fill cavities of jalapeños with the cheese mixture – don’t be afraid to really fill them up as some cheese will most likely leak out during cooking.
3. Wrap each jalapeño half snuggly with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place poppers on a preheated grill over high heat. You may need to reduce the heat if the drippings are causing too many flare-ups. Occasionally rotate the poppers to make sure the bacon is evenly cooked all around. Cook until bacon gets crispy.
5. Remove from grill and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. To garnish sprinkle some fine chopped cilantro over the Poppers.
#laborday #recipes #bacon #jalapeno #slavosalt