This is a classic recipe that tastes great and is an amazing side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner.
2 lbs fresh green beans
3 tbl butter
3 tbl olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup sliced almonds
- Take 2 pounds of fresh green beans and wash well. Trim the ends off the beans
- Boil a pot of salted water and have a bowl of ice water standing by. Drop the sprouts into the boiling SALTED water for about 3 minutes. Pull one out and bite into it – it should be slightly tender but not soft and not overly crunchy.
- In a sauté pan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of butter. Toss in 3 cloves of minced garlic and cook over medium high heat until the garlic is tender and barely browning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Take 1 cup of sliced almonds (ideally the flat oval-shaped ones, not the sticks, I always get sliced and slivered mixed up so don’t sweat it if you get the wrong ones). Spread the almonds out on a dry cookie sheet and pop into the oven. Remember to keep an eye on them because they can burn in seconds. Cook until barely browned ( 3-4 minutes).
- Place you sauté pan with the garlic-oil-butter on the stove over medium high heat. Toss in your blanched green beans and almonds cook until the beans are hot. Stir constantly so you don’t burn the garlic.
- Season with Slavo Salt and serve!