1 Baguette – cut into 1/2″ slices
1/4c Olive Oil
3 Fresh Mozzarella Balls – cut into 1/4″ slices
2 Tbl Basil Pesto – we used store bought
2 Tbl Goat or Mascarpone Cheese – softened
7 Lg Pitted Black or Green Olives – ends removed and cut crosswise into thirds
1 (7oz) jar Roasted Red Peppers – drained, pat dry, cut into thin strips
1. Place bread slices onto a cookie sheet, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle Slavo Salt.
2. Place in preheated 400* oven for 6-12 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Cut mozzarella crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and trim, if necessary, to fit toasts.
4. Stir together pesto and mascarpone/goat cheese in a small bowl. If necessary, thin mixture with a little olive oil or water.
5. Dollop 1/2 teaspoon pesto mixture in center of each mozzarella-covered toast, then top each dollop with an olive slice to form the “irises” of the “eyeballs.”
6. Add 6 to 8 pepper slices for “veins,” trimming to fit.