There are several ways to make this soup – steaming the cauliflower, boiling it in milk or in chicken or vegetable stock. I prefer the veggie stock because it really allows the flavor of the cauliflower to shine. You don’t have to add the truffle oil but I think it makes a HUGE difference. You can also add other oil like a chive or Harissa to add color that really pops against the white background.
1 Stick Butter
1 Lg Yellow Onion – rough chopped
2 Garlic Cloves – minced
1 Cauliflower Head – broken into bite size pieces including stalk
2 (14oz cans) Vegetable Stock
Slavo Salt – Original, Pure Garlic Salt or Spicy
3 Tbl Chives – sliced super thin
1. Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic sauté until tender, about 8 minutes DO NOT BROWN.
3. Add cauliflower and sauté 4 minutes.
4. Add broth. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
5. Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. 6. Return soup to pot. (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.)
7. Bring soup to simmer. Season to taste with Slavo Salt.
8. Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle truffle oil over. Garnish with chives.