2 Tbl BUTTER
½ cup YELLOW ONION (small diced)
¾ cup GRAPE TOMATOES (cut in half)
1/3 cup CELERY (small diced)
1 Tbl GARLIC (minced)
1/2 tsp THYME (chopped fine)
1ea BAY LEAF
1tsp SLAVO SALT
3/4 cup CHORIZO (cooked/chopped)
1ea PACIFO BEER (you can use any beer but we like Pacifico)
1lb MUSSELS (scrubbed/beards removed)
1/2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
1oz HEAVY CREAM
3 Tbl CILANTRO (chopped fine)
1. Heat butter in pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, Slavo Salt, and bay leaf. Stirring often until veggies are softened, approx. 4 minutes.
2. Turn heat to high, add chorizo, mussels, and beer – cover with a lid stirring occasionally.
3. After 4-6 minutes mussels should all be open, discard any mussels not opened up after 6 minutes.
4. Remove opened mussels and place in serving bowl.
5. In the pot, turn heat to medium-low, stir in cream, dijon mustard, and cilantro into broth – mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Pour broth over mussels and serve with some good crusty bread.