For the sauce –
4 Fresh Jalapeños – seeded and rough chopped (leave the seeds in if you want it extra spicy)
2 Green Onions – rough chopped green and white parts
1 Small Sweet Yellow Onion – rough chopped
¼ c Fresh Cilantro – leaves rough chopped
2-3 Tbl Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp Slavo Salt
2 1 1/3 lb Flank Steaks
1 Tbl Dried Oregano
2 Tbl Cumin
3 Tbl Slavo Salt
1/4c Olive Oil
1 Bunch Green Onions – Sliced thin with green & white parts
1 12oz Dark Beer – I prefer Newcastle
1/4c Worcestershire Sauce
For the Aji Sauce – I recommend making this a day ahead of time as the flavors will be AMAZING!
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor (or blender if you don’t have a processor).
2. Blend the mixture so that there are aren’t any big chunks, the sauce should be smooth.
3. Refrigerate until it is about time to serve. This can also be frozen in ice trays for a little extra zip when needed :).
For the steaks –
1. Using sharp knife, lightly score flank steaks about 1/8 inch deep on both sides in a crisscross pattern at 1/2-inch intervals.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together oregano, cumin, Slavo Salt, olive oil, onions, beer and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Place flank steaks into a large Zip-Lock bag, pour mixture over and seal. Place in fridge for 6-24 hours massaging and turning the bag over occasionally.
4. When it’s time to grill, remove steaks from bag and remove excess marinade. Season each steak with Slavo Salt and place on a Med-High preheated grill for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
5. Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest of at least 5 minutes. Slice into 1/2″ strips and serve with Aji sauce over the top or on the side.
Serve this with Slavo’s Guacamole for a fantastic combo!!!
#laborday #grillrecipe #SlavoSalt #steak