Now that things are getting a bit warmer we are all about getting outside enjoying the outdoors. For those that like to spend their time outside lake fishing, here is one of our favorite fish recipes. Enjoy!
1 Whole trout – cleaned and deboned
3 Bacon Slices – not too thick
1 1/2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Thyme Leaves, picked
1 tsp Slavo Salt
3 (1/8″ thick) Lemon Slices
1. Put fish in a shallow baking pan (1 inch deep) or a large heavy ovenproof skillet, then pat dry.
2. Evenly smear mustard inside cavity of trout and season cavity with Slavo Salt.
3. Put thyme inside cavity and season outside of fish with Slavo Salt, wrap bacon slices around fish.
4. Broil fish 5 to 7 inches from heat until skin of fish and bacon are crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Turn fish over gently with a spatula and broil 2 minutes more.
6. Add lemon slices to pan in one layer alongside fish and continue to broil until fish is just cooked through and rest of bacon is crisp, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes more.