1 Butternut Squash – peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1” chunks
1 Yellow Onion – chopped
2 Cloves Garlic – chopped
4 Bacon Strips – chopped
1 Cup Carrots – chopped
4 – 6 Cups Chicken Stock
¾ Cup Almond Milk (regular milk for folks that aren’t on a dairy-free diet–lucky you)
- In a large heavy-bottom pot, cook bacon until it just begins to brown, add onions and carrots. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, cook additional 3 minutes then add in cubed butternut squash and chicken stock (amount of stock used depends on size of squash, the liquid should almost completely cover the squash).
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cooking until squash is mushy.
- Stir in Almond Milk
- Place mixture in batches into food processor or blender (careful not to overfill) and puree until smooth.
- Mix batches together add Slavo Salt and lemon juice to taste