Thanks to Slavo Salt fan Danielle Brewer for sharing this AMAZING recipe that is delicious and perfect for our Whole30 and Paleo friends.
3-4 lb pork butt or shoulder
1 Can Pinneaples
½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Pineapple Juice
1/8 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard (check ingredients!)
1 – 2 cloves minced garlic
Coconut Aminos (if available)
1. Season a 3-4 lb pork butt or shoulder with a rub of smoked paprika, cinnamon, and Slavo Salt. We used about equal parts of each but you can play around with the ratios.
2. Dice an onion and layer it on the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Place the seasoned pork butt on the onions. Top the pork with diced pineapple. Press into the sides and top.
4. In a small bowl mix together Apple Cider Vinegar, Pineapple juice (leftover from the can of pineapples), Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon Mustard, minced garlic, Dash of cayenne, Splash of Coconut Aminos (a soy sauce replacement) if you have it on hand but you can omit this or just use a dash of Slavo Salt! Pour the mixture over the pork butt.
5. Set the crock pot of low for 8-10 hours.
6. After cooking, remove the pork from the crock pot and shred using two forks. Use a spoon to scoop up the delicious caramelized onions from the crockpot and as much as the liquid as you desire and combine with the pulled pork. Add more Slavo Salt if needed. Viola!
#paleo #slavosalt #pulledpork #whole30 #recipes