2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
2 – 4 Tbl Sriracha Chile Sauce
- Take 2 pounds of fresh brussels sprouts, with a paring knife – trim the bottom off of each sprout. Then, in the base of the sprout, cut a small cross with your knife – this doesn’t need to be super deep, this just ensures they cook evenly.
- Boil a pot of salted water and have a large bowl of Ice water ready as well.
- Drop the sprouts into the boiling SALTED water for about 3-4 minutes, then pull them out and place in the ice water. Repeat until all the sprouts have been cooked and chilled (this process is called BLANCHING).
- Cut each of the sprouts in half lengthwise and place into a large bowl.
Season the bowl of sprouts with SLAVO SALT and squeeze in about 2-4 tablespoons of Siracha Chile Sauce. Depending on how hot you want this dish to turn out gauge the amount of Siracha you use – I suggest starting with 2 tablespoons for the first time you make this dish.
- Toss the brussels around so that all are mixed well with the Siracha and SLAVO SALT.
- Place the sprouts on a greased cookie sheet pan and pop into a preheated 350° oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Pull one out and taste it, it should be firm but not crunchy or hard. Season with more SLAVO SALT if necessary.