Planning a “Breaking Bad” finale party? Celebrate in true BrBa style with our “Blue Ice” cocktails, Slavo’s “Heisenburgers” and “Los Pollos Hermanos” Tequila Chicken. Ready? Let’s Cook!
Blue Ice Cocktail
3 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
2 oz Cointreau orange liquer
4 oz ice cold water
1 large orange
1 large grapefruit
Place all the fruits in a blender and puree, add blue curacao and Cointreau then pulse until combined. Add water and ice and pulse until combined. Serve in tall glass with rim dipped in sugar and lemon juice and a slice of orange on side.
1lb Ground Beef or Bison (we like the 80/20 blend but you can use whatever you want)
2 cups Medium Sharp Cheddar Cheese – grated
¾ cups Roasted Green Chiles – diced (try “505 Roasted Green Chiles”)
1. The key to making a burger that doesn’t come out like a hockey puck is to not over handle/mix the meat. For this recipe you’ll be making 4 – 1/4lb burgers. So break the ground meat into quarters, then smash them into patties. Using your hands, push the outsides of the patties in to form a nice clean looking disc.
2. Season patties well on both sides with Slavo Salt. Place them on a place or sheet pan until you’re ready to cook. We suggest doing this at least an hour before it’s time to grill so that the garlic in the Slavo Salt has time to “bloom” and infuse into the meat.
3. Next in a mixing bowl, combine green chiles, shredded cheddar cheese and Slavo Salt. If you want, add some cooked and chopped bacon to the mix for an extra BOOM.
4. Time to grill! Place burgers on preheated grill and cook as you normally would. Be careful when flipping because the patties will be more fragile due to not over mixing the meat when making the patties.
5. Once the burgers are ALMOST done cooking, place a handful of the cheese mixture on top and close the lid.
6. Remove from grill and allow to sit for a couple of minutes to ensure a super juicy patty!
7. Dress it up anyway you want, we love using Kaiser rolls.
Los Pollos Hermanos Tequila Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts – skinless
1cup Olive Oil
4 Limes – juiced
3/4cup Tequila (substitue lime juice for Paleo and Whole30 diets)
1/4 Yellow Onion – chopped fine
2 Jalapeños – stemmed, seeded and minced
2 Tbl Cilantro – chopped fine
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, tequila, onion, garlic, jalapeños and cilantro. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade to use as baste while grilling.
2. Place chicken breasts into a large ziplock bag or a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade coating the breasts completely.
3. Refrigerate overnight, turning every couple of hours.
4. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and season well with Slavo Salt.
5. Place breasts on a pre-heated grill over medium heat.
6. Baste breasts with reserved marinade, (DO NOT use marinade that chicken was in!!!!)
7. Grill breast approx. 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through completely.