We love BBQ ribs but we hate the long cooking times and the messy bones. This recipe eliminates both of these issues altogether. Amazing, right? You can make the sauce up to a week in advance and pre-cook the ribs up to 3 days before your meal. Plus the meat falls off the bones!
For the sauce –
1c Chipotles in Adobo Sauce – pureed
½ cup Honey
¼ cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Ketchup
3Tbl Slavo Salt
3Tbl Worshestsire Sauce
For the Ribs –
3 Babyback Rib Slabs
For the Glaze –
1. Combine all ingredients into a sauce pot except for the half of pureed chipotles (reserve remaining chipotle puree and add if needed – these can produce a lot of heat so if you prefer more mild flavors don’t add more).
2. Bring glaze to a simmer for 10 minutes and taste. If more heat is needed add reserved chipotle puree. If it is too hot, add a little orange juice and ketchup.
3. Remove from heat and refrigerate up to 7 days.
For the Ribs –
1. Season with Slavo Salt and baste generously with the cold Chipotle Glaze.
2. Wrap each slab individually several times with plastic wrap. The goal here is to have them airtight and leak proof – you can’t over wrap them.
3. Wrap each slab in 3 layers of aluminum foil – again, completely covered and sealed.
4. Place the wrapped slabs on a sheet pan and into a preheated 250 degree oven for 3 hours.
5. Remove ribs from oven and DO NOT OPEN OR UNWRAP! Once ribs are cool enough to handle place them into the refrigerator up to 3 days in advance. The ribs must be chilled completely before unwrapping and placing on the grill. If you don’t they will completely fall apart on you.
6. Just before you’re ready to grill, unwrap the ribs removing ALL plastic and foil. There will be congealed liquid in there, keep this and use as a baste while grilling along with extra BBQ Glaze.
7. On a preheated grill, place the slabs with the curved side down (the meaty side). Do not mess with them, just let them come up to temp and get some grill marks.
8. At this point, cut the slabs in half to make them easier to handle. Very carefully flip the slabs over and finish bringing up to temp. Baste the tops of the slabs with remaining BBQ Glaze.
9. Remove from grill and serve!
#4thofjuly #recipe #bbq #slavosalt